Why would you need a grammar checker software? Imagine receiving a business letter and you find it has a lot of spelling and grammatical errors. You would most probably think less of the sender, wouldn’t you? Be reminded, though, that more than 60 percent of all business communications have some kind of grammatical error like apostrophe errors, missing words, wrong spelling and more.
Most of the times we do not have the patience and time to edit or proofread our work or, much less, other peoples work for a thorough grammar check. Enter grammar checker program. Now, imagine what the readers of your letters, e-mail, business communications and other written material would think if 60 percent of your work had mistakes.
Right Writer is a affordable desktop based grammar software, you don't need a internet connection for grammar correcting. Ginger Software is also desktop based, but you must have internet connection to check your grammar errors. And, ginger is not cheap. We have been researched and compared these two grammar checking & correction software.
Pros of Right Writer:
1) One time cheap price with free lifetime updates.
2) Instant check, Ginger’s results are slow to come, it depends on speed of your network connection.
3) Right Writer has a lot to offer in terms of editing tools. It checks for over 5,000 grammar rules including subject-verb agreement, sentence fragments, run-on sentences, split infinitives, proper use of conjunctions and possessive forms, redundancy, misused words, capitalization, proper punctuation and weak sentence structure. It also includes a spell-checker.
We recommend that you check the spelling in your document prior to clicking the "Analyze" button. The analysis tool in the program looks for spelling mistakes, but it's better to find those before they crowd your analysis results.
Cons (Ginger pros):
1) Poor Compatibility: You must copy/paste text into right writer for grammar analyzing.
2) Right Writer has not a free trial, you can try ginger with a free download
3) Right Writer does come with a grammar guide, but nothing else when it comes to reference tools. The software does not include dictionary, thesaurus or translator tools, nor does it include writing templates.
4) A big problem that arises here is the fact that RightWriter doesn't offer many grammar-correcting tools. You must incorporate the edits that the software suggests using your word processor.
5) Poor Support & Help: The only way you're able to contact rightwriter is through a contact form available on its website. They also offers online help and tutorials for users who want answers to their questions right away. When you get into the program, you can access the product's manual, which we found helpful and easy to read.
Ginger's customer service is perfect, if you had used grammarly, you should know ginger & grammarly are same level in excellent help & support.
RightWriter is adequate grammar checking software that's in need of a little modernization. Although it offers reasonably accurate and relevant edits, the software is difficult to maneuver. Incorporating the edits also requires using your own word processor. Before you purchase right writer, we highly recommend you give ginger grammar checker a try with a free trial.
If you wan to learn more grammar checker like right writer & ginger, here are some related products reviews:
Also, you can see our top rated english writing software & grammar checker software comparisons